Seasonal Office Manager
Union Avenue Opera is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfill the role of Seasonal Office Manager and to provide additional Maternity Leave coverage for the current Administrative Director beginning early May 2023 and ending September 1, 2023.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
- Maintain a smooth-running office:
- Processing mail, submitting invoices for payment, and answering phones.
- Manage Administrative Director’s email and serve as primary point of contact while AD is on leave.
- Track and process donations.
- Update and maintain donor database and mailing lists.
- Assist with in-house mailing campaigns.
- Process ticket orders (mail orders and phone orders).
- Sell and coordinate program ads.
- Enter upcoming events on online calendars.
- Coordinate Festival Season publicity opportunities including:
- Write and distribute press releases/publicity images, pitch to media, set up interviews, arrange complimentary tickets for reviewers and members of the press, etc.
- Coordinate season volunteers.
- Prepare opera house for performances.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
- High standards of integrity, credibility, and reliability, as well as maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent time management skills including commitment to attendance and punctuality, and ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to provide a welcoming and friendly environment for guest artists, company members, patrons, and volunteers.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems quickly, maintaining a professional demeanor under pressure.
- Must communicate in a clear, professional, and patient manner by phone, in writing, and in person.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook and an understanding of web-based applications.
- Access to a reliable form of transportation.
- Ability to sit at a computer/desk for up to six hours per day.
- Must be able to lift 25+ pounds.
- Ability to stand and exert well-paced mobility for multiple consecutive hours at a time.
This is a temporary position for 2-3 days a week to be worked Monday through Friday between 9:00AM and 4:00PM on-site at Union Avenue Opera (this is not a remote position). There is some flexibility in working hours and days/hours will be mutually agreed on by both parties at the onset of the contract. The total hours will range from 15 to 20 per week with an hourly rate starting at $20 an hour and is commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a resume and cover letter to info[at]unionavenueopera.org with “Seasonal Office Manger” in the subject line. Application deadline: Friday, April 14, 2023, or until the position is filled. All applications will be treated as confidential and reviewed on a rolling basis. Electronic submissions only – no phone calls.
Union Avenue Opera strives to cultivate a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and accessible community where all its constituents including employees, volunteers, performers, and audience members—whatever race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or identity, age, religion, socioeconomic status, education, or ability—feel valued and respected.